Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just a few more days and we'll head out again to the red earth of Terrier Rouge, Haiti.  I'm getting really excited as well as nervous.  I can't wait to see the faces of the kids, hear the noises from the school and even smell the charcoal filled air that reminds me of my second home.  I'm nervous because there is so much possibility ahead - oh not scary stuff, but opportunities to serve and witness and most of all for me to grow.

Each year is so different and brings so many surprises and this year proves to do the same.  I have the wonderful treat of going with both my mother and father - as dad will work in the clinic and mom and her friend JoEllen will teach English at St. Bart's.  My time honored traveler and dear friend Joan Bundy will return for her fourth trip since the earthquake in 2010 and I once again look forward to serving alongside her, she has more spunk and energy than most people I know.  Elmer and his handy toolbelt and his multiple gifts will be joining us again as will Jesse, the quiet, unassuming man that surprises everyone with his humor and spirit.  I have to admit, I'm most exctied that Isabelle is going this year, not my Isabelle, but pretty close.  Isabelle is a college student that has a heart for mission and Christ.  She's never flown on a plane so this trip will be full of firsts for her all the way around. 

So... join me again this year if you will.  I will write my thoughts and prayers each day and hopefully give you a glimpse of life here in Haiti.  All I ask of you is to keep the 8 of us in your prayers along with the people we will meet - may all of our lives be enriched by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

1 comment:

  1. Go Carrie! You'll all be in my prayers! (Experience tells me those watchdogs love peanut butter crackers. Give them some from myself and Monica?!)
    - Sam Lavin

    ReplyDelete