Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good Night

I don't want to write anything.  Not because I don't have anything to say, but because I have too much to say.  I've had my hot shower, a pizza and even a margarita (or two) and I'm ready to be home.  I'm ready to cuddle with my kids and share my stories with Paul.  I'm ready to unpack my bags and have a tall ice filled cup of Dr.Pepper.  But I'm not ready to move on.

My biggest fear is that somehow, someway I will forget, that I'll get too comfy and too distracted with life that I'll forget the piece of myself that I left in Haiti. That piece which makes me whole.  That piece that God has chipped away at me, little by little, year after year, leaving pieces behind in the desolate land of Terrier Rouge, so that I can't be whole without it.  I figure He knows what He's doing after all... I'm just along for the ride.

So, for now, I'm just going to say "Good Night" and "See you soon..." and if you really want to get on my good side, you'll drop me off an ice cold Dr Pepper on my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment