Sunday, January 15, 2012

Here I am, Lord.

There is an absolutely fantastic breeze blowing through Terrier Rouge this afternoon and it has brought with it some of my favorite people. We are already hard at work getting ready for a full week ahead!



Elmer is already working his magic on the plastic chair across they way. We have so many chores for him he may never get to go home. He is Mr. Fix It. He is also the kindest and sweetest man in the world - besides Paul of course.


I'm really looking forward to getting to know Jesse, he's new to the church and he jumped right on board, I can't wait to see how he falls in love with Haiti. I only hope we don't scare him off....



Chris has come back and we are so lucky to have him on board, he's our EMT in residence. He and Mike were last here during the earthquake with me.


And yes, Boo Mike is here as well. I've already trained the kids and they are fast learners. Mike is a fun loving man with countless talents but the best is that he takes orders quite nicely from women.... A very valuable trait.


And of course dear Joan is here, she is one spunky and busy woman! She is a task master extraordinaire and we all love her for it because we get things done when she's around.


Betsy is with us this year and I love her sense of humor already. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for her and I know it will be great.


And we've got the entire Graves crew. Bethann is the queen of the pillowcase dress and has outfitted much of Terrier Rouge ( with the help of a special friend in Charlotte Miss Johnny Hayes.) Bethann's mother decided that she wanted to come to Haiti to see all those adorable kids in their new dresses so that is exactly what she has done! She in better shape than the rest of us and spunkier all around. She already ordered us to pick up the trash on the compound ( by the looks of the cliff bars, beer caps and cigar butts I can guess where they are from) and you better believe we jumped. She may seem 80, but I guarantee that she isn't a day over 29. And there's Tim and Tammy, our only married couple and their first mission trip.




So the winds are changing and I'm excited about what will come next. I certainly see some hard work and hot days in our future but I also see some great friendships and some lifetime memories about to be made.


To the Warrenton Rotarians and friends that are backs home safely... You are missed. To my family... I love you dearly ( and of course you are missed as well.). To everyone else...keep praying, keep searching because God's calling you too, maybe not to the beautiful hills and plateaus of Haiti, but He wants you somewhere. You just got listen to your heart.



" Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying 'Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?' And I said 'Here I am Lord, Send me. '"

No comments:

Post a Comment